In light of recent international sanctions, ACAMS and the company that administers its exams, Pearson VUE, have suspended exam services throughout Russia and Belarus until further notice.
CAFCA is designed specifically for the unique context of FinTechs. This associate-level certification enables individuals to demonstrate their financial crime prevention preparedness.
CAFCA: Overview and Benefits
CAFCA is the first FinTech compliance certification from ACAMS.
FinTechs make change happen fast. And growth can come even faster. Financial crime prevention for FinTechs is different – this certification recognizes and responds to that.
CAFCA is designed to upskill and empower the teams that FinTechs rely on to protect their organization. The program ensures they understand core FinTech compliance principles, functions, and risks. A fully certified team also demonstrates that your business takes financial crime risks seriously.
The course content has been developed in partnership with FINTRAIL. FINTRAIL is a specialist FinTech and RegTech consultancy, supporting a global portfolio of rapidly scaling and established FinTech companies, and advising leading RegTech firms.
Benefits of the ACAMS CAFCA Certification for organizations:
- A consistent global FinTech compliance certification training program across your organization
- Knowledge that is standardized and benchmarked for all of your compliance professionals
- Confidence that your team is regulatory ready
Benefits of the ACAMS CAFCA Certification for professionals:
- Learn how to perform fundamental FinTech compliance activities
- Validate your knowledge and experience, with a globally recognized certification
- Become part of the diverse and global ACAMS community
About the CAFCA Program
The CAFCA Certification program consists of an eight-hour digital course, and a proctored 90-minute exam. This course covers:
- Governance, guidance, and regulation
- Due diligence across customer types
- Payment screening and transaction monitoring
- Investigations, inquiries, and reporting
- Scaling anti-financial crime strategies
Intended Audience for CAFCA
For FinTechs, understanding and mitigating financial crime risk is essential for sustaining growth. Investors, customers, global regulators, and financial institutions that provide banking services all expect FinTechs to have a risk management plan in place, and a properly trained workforce.
This FinTech certification program has been designed for:
- Small start-ups, with staff in hybrid roles that include anti-money laundering (AML) tasks
- Mid-sized FinTechs transitioning to a more structured AML program
- Large FinTechs with dedicated compliance teams
- Compliance Analyst/Officer
- Risk Analyst
- AML Officer
- AML Analyst/Associate
- KYC Analyst/Associate
- Compliance Monitoring Analyst
- Money Launder Reporting Officer (MLRO)
- FinTech Associate
- Compliance Associate/Manager
- Compliance Operations Analyst
- Head of Compliance
- Fraud Analyst/Associate
The CAFCA Exam
Currently, ACAMS offers the CAFCA exam in English. Additional languages will follow.
|The CAFCA Exam
Disability Service Accommodations
Requests for Disability Service Exam Accommodations:
ACAMS® is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the extent practicable with documented disabilities as defined by local, applicable law. Our intent is to ensure that everyone who makes a request for accommodations is advised of the accommodation process as promptly as possible.
Requests must be submitted at least 30 days prior to test date.
If you have a disability as defined under local, applicable law, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request Disability Service accommodations. The corresponding department will contact you with further information.