Further your career in Singapore’s ever-evolving anti-financial crime (AFC) sector by achieving IBF Advanced (Level 2) Certification – a mark of professional excellence.
The Path to IBF Advanced (Level 2) Certification
An Institute of Banking and Finance (IBF) Certification is an industry-endorsed mark of quality for finance professionals in Singapore.
To attain the IBF Advanced (Level 2) Certification, industry professionals must be in a compliance role at a financial institution, have at least three years of anti-money laundering/counter-terrorist financing (AML/CFT) experience, and complete and pass the following three ACAMS certifications:
- Certified Transaction Monitoring Associate (CTMA)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS6) + Singapore AML Regime Exam
- Advanced CAMS-Risk Management (CAMS-RM)
The IBF offers funding for approved training and assessment courses through the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS). Funding can cover up to 70%* of training costs for Singapore citizens or permanent residents. In order to apply for IBF-STS funding, applicants must complete and pass one of the above three certifications.
The process of submitting a funding application is different depending on whether you are company-sponsored or non-company sponsored.
- For company-sponsored candidates: the candidate’s company is responsible for claims submissions via their company’s login access on the IBF portal.
- For non-company-sponsored candidates: candidates need to submit the funding application form and copy of their national registration identity card (NRIC) to ACAMS within one week of passing any of the three exams mentioned above. ACAMS will then submit the claims on behalf of candidates.
Further information on IBF-STS funding can be found here.
*Terms and conditions apply.
IBF Certification FAQs
What is the IBF?
What is IBF Certification?
What do I need to apply for the IBF Advanced (Level 2) Certification?
Find out more about the ACAMS certifications that are eligible for IBF-STS funding.
Fill out the form below, and one of our team members will contact you.