Spot the signs of human trafficking
Modern slavery and human trafficking generate over $150 billion each year, with much of that profit moving through the global financial system.
This course is a retroactive review of five prosecuted human trafficking cases. It gives financial crime professionals insights into the products used, financial patterns, red flags, and internal controls to investigate potential human trafficking activity. It can be taken in sequence with our part one certificate, or as a standalone course.
It comprises of five video case studies developed with the support of Polaris – a non-profit, non-governmental organization working to combat and prevent sex and labor trafficking in North America.
What you will learn
- Understand the financial products and services used in modern slavery and human trafficking
- Compare and contrast various human trafficking scenarios
- Distinguish between simple and complex human trafficking methodologies
- Inspect the red flags, internal controls, and means of detection
- Provide recommendations for an AML program
A practical, case-study led course to assist AFC professionals to identify and report financial activity tied to human traffickers with a focus on sexual exploitation.
- Online and self-paced
- Approximately one hour of coursework
- 5-question assessment
- One ACAMS credit