Independent Consultant & Trainer
Former Chair, Association of AML Compliance Officers of Banks in Bangladesh (AACOBB)
- Retired banker having 35 years diverse banking career in 3 international and 3 domestic banks, currently working as an Independent Consultant and Trainer.
- Seasoned professional with 18 years strategic and operational experience in setting up and managing Internal Control & Compliance teams considered best in class in local banking industry.
- Deep experience and expertise as Risk Control Owner of Financial Crime Risks such as Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, Sanctions, Frauds and Bribery risks.
- Successfully implemented Detica Transaction Surveillance & Sanctions Filtering systems & FATCA Procedures in Standard Chartered Bank, Bangladesh.
- Author of the Guidance Notes on Prevention of Money Laundering issued by Bangladesh Bank in October 2003 and implemented industry-wide.
- Longest serving CAMLCO(MLRO) and member of Management Committee, Country Risk Committee, Country Operational Risk Committee, & Country Leadership Team
- Passionate coach & accomplished trainer and presenter having delivered bespoke AML/CFT, Sanctions, Operational Risks, Fraud Risk, and Internal Control & Compliance training to wide audiences, including bankers, law enforcers and regulators.
- Deputy Managing Director & Head of ICC, Eastern Bank Ltd.
- Consultant, Islami Bank Bangladesh Limited (IBBL)
- Head of Legal & Compliance, Standard Chartered Bank
- Head of Compliance & Human Resources, Citibank N.A.
- University of Dhaka — Bachelor of Commerce and Masters in Management