The CTMA certification establishes a new global standard for the knowledge and skills required for alert investigators, and helps organizations address financial crime risk by ensuring their personnel are properly trained and demonstrate their knowledge through a formal certification exam by the creators of CAMS.
Overview & Benefits
Transaction monitoring is a core component of an AML and financial crime compliance program. For individuals, CTMA can help set them apart by certifying their knowledge of transaction monitoring processes. For institutions, certifying employees with CTMA represents a significant commitment to AML and financial crime compliance in a world of increasingly complex laws, regulations, and policies.
Some benefits for an organization are:
- CTMA applies a consistent standard, enabling an organization to demonstrate its TM workforce has demonstrated an objective and carefully established benchmark of role-based knowledge.
- As a global credential, CTMA enables multinational organizations to apply a single, consistent program across their global network.
- CTMA enables organizations to tap into the diverse, international global network of ACAMS, the world’s leading membership organization dedicated to enhancing the knowledge and skills of financial crime prevention professionals.
Who should apply
CTMA is for early career professionals who wish to or are working in transaction monitoring roles, in addition to the people who supervise them or support them. When combined with six to twelve months of experience, an individual with CTMA should be able to investigate an alert from a transaction monitoring system from the point at which it is generated to the point at which it is either cleared or escalated to the team which makes determinations and files suspicious activity reports (SARs).
Some of the positions for whom this certification may benefit are:
- Transaction Monitoring Analyst
- Alert Handler
- Transaction Monitoring Investigator
- KYC Analyst
- Onboarding Analyst
- Financial Crime Operations Analyst
- Anti-Financial Crime Analyst
- Compliance Analyst
- Risk Analyst
- Anti-Money Laundering Analyst
- Screening Analyst
- Fraud Analyst
- Fraud Operations Analyst
Currently, ACAMS offers the CTMA exam in English. Additional languages will follow in 2021.
Save $150 Off Your Certification Package
Now through October 30, 2020, we are offering a special early bird pricing rate. Regular price: US$995.
|Materiały do nauki online (powtórzeniowe fiszki)||
|The CTMA Exam||
Requests for Special Examination Accommodations:
ACAMS® is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to the extent practicable with documented disabilities as defined by local, applicable law. Our intent is to ensure that everyone who makes a request for accommodations is advised of the accommodation process as promptly as possible.
Requests must be submitted at least 30 days prior to test date.
If you have a disability as defined under local, applicable law, please contact accommodations@ACAMS.org to request special accommodations. The corresponding department will contact you with further information.