ACAMS AML & Anti-Financial Crime Symposium - Hong Kong
Futureproofing Your AML Strategies
Our Hong Kong event was such a success. Participants learned about the regulatory trends and emerging financial crime threats impacting the region.
Program is subject to change without prior notice.
Registration and Morning Tea
Between a Rock and a Hard Place: Navigating a Unique Sanctions Environment in Hong Kong
Special Presentation: Regulatory Perspectives on Emerging Anti-money Laundering Challenges
5 mins break
Prices are subject to local taxes
Groups and public-sector employees may qualify for a discount.
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the Pre-Event Training, scheduled on November 15, 2022 at the Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong, has been canceled. Members of our anti-financial crime community have been notified and will be informed when a new date is confirmed.
For all sponsorship enquiries, please contact Andrea Winter (Director of Sponsorship and Advertising Development, ACAMS) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yes. Continuing professional development is a cornerstone of professionalism for everyone in financial crime prevention. Attendees will earn up to 6 ACAMS credits, which will be applied to your profile two weeks after the event.
Yes. A certificate will be sent via email two weeks after the event.
Please get in touch with our customer service team email@example.com we’d be happy to help.
Please note the confirmation email can take a couple of hours to be sent. We also recommend that you check your spam folder. If you still have not received it, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d be happy to help.
If you have a product or service that our community should be aware of, we’d like to help make that happen. Contact Andrea Winter (email@example.com) for more details.
Because of privacy regulations, we can’t release the names of attendees. If you want to know who else is attending, why not join in the conversation on social media in the days and weeks before the symposium – use #ACAMSHongKong to connect with other attendees.
ACAMS members receive special prices at all our events. We also offer a special Public Sector price and group packages. Contact your ACAMS Account Manager, or firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
To view the Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong Health and Safety guidelines please visit their website.
ACAMS considers the health and safety of all those on-site at the 2022 ACAMS Hong Kong Symposium as our priority. ACAMS is offering in-person attendance at the 2022 ACAMS Hong Kong Symposium in compliance with local government orders permitting such gatherings at this time.
Under the guidelines and requirements from The Centre for Health Protection, conference attendees are required to wear masks indoors and present the “LeaveHomeSafe” venue QR code on the “LeaveHomeSafe” mobile application upon entering the hotel. The QR code will be scanned by the Island Shangri-La Hong Kong. ACAMS will not collect or store any attendee information.
Every attendee must fulfill the prevailing Vaccine Pass requirements (by presenting valid vaccination, medical exemption, recovery record, as applicable). All attendees and staff are expected to fully comply with applicable safety precautions, such as staying home if exhibiting signs of illness. Sanitization stations will be available throughout the meeting space.
Commencing September 8th, under the latest directions of Cap. 599F, attendees must conduct a rapid antigen test (RAT) within 24 hours before attending the event and present a photo of the negative result to the Island Shangri-La Hong Kong. A negative nucleic acid test result obtained within 48 hours before entering the premises may also be used to fulfil the above RAT requirement.
Commencing September 26, the quarantine requirements and arrangements for inbound visitors from overseas, including Taiwan, are as follows:
- Presentation of a negative nucleic acid testing report prior to boarding will no longer be required. Instead, a declaration of the negative result of a self-arranged rapid antigen test (RAT) conducted within 24 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure should be made online via Health & Quarantine Information Declaration of the Department of Health.
- Non-Hong Kong residents, aged 12 or above, are still required to be fully vaccinated or have obtained a medical exemption certificate before they are allowed to board a flight for Hong Kong.
- "Test-and-go" will be implemented at the Hong Kong International Airport, i.e., inbound visitors will not be required to wait for test results at the airport after undergoing specimen collection for the nucleic acid test. Visitors can take public transport or self-arranged transport to return to their home or their hotel of choice.
- Quarantine arrangement upon arrival at Hong Kong will be changed to "0+3", i.e., mandatory hotel quarantine is not required. A total of 7 days of observation are required. The first three days of medical surveillance, during which inbound visitors are free to go out but are obliged to comply with Amber Code restrictions under the Vaccine Pass, followed by a four-day self-monitoring period.
- Visitors must test daily for 7 days commencing 1 day after arriving in Hong Kong. Nucleic acid tests at community testing centres, mobile testing stations or other recognised institutions on Day 2, Day 4 and Day 6 (the day of arrival is considered Day 0). Daily RATs should be taken from Day 1 to Day 7.
Currently the Government of Hong Kong has limited restrictions involving capacity limits for gatherings. However, in the event that hospitalization rates rise, Government of Hong Kong could re-instate stronger capacity limits, which could impact the number of attendees permitted at the 2022 ACAMS Hong Kong Symposium. If this were to occur, you would be notified as to the status of your registration. If state or local capacity restrictions require ACAMS to reduce the number of attendees at the 2022 ACAMS Hong Kong Symposium, and you are unable to attend the event in person, you will be able to transfer your pass to the next in-person event. Refunds will not be available.
If you test positive for COVID-19 during or after the conference, please contact Judy Jurado (JJurado@acams.org). They will provide your information to the local health department to support any contact tracing efforts. In accordance with local health department requirements, ACAMS will comply with any contact tracing and/or notification protocols if we are notified that any attendee has tested positive for COVID-19.
For Vaccine Pass vaccination requirements and implementation arrangements, please visit The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region website.
For information on quarantine requirements for inbound travellers, please visit The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region website.
To view the Shangri-La’s group health and safety policy please visit their website.
ACAMS 2022 Hong Kong Symposium passes are non-refundable. Pass holders may request a pass transfer to another person, colleague or client up until November 4, 2022.
Covid-19 Policy: At the discretion of ACAMS, pass holders will receive a full or partial refund of a conference pass if the pass holder is unable to attend the in-person event, at any time, in Hong Kong because the pass holder has been diagnosed with Covid-19 or if government-issued travel restrictions are in place during the event dates. If a pass holder is unable to attend because of the Covid-19 illness, ACAMS reserves the right to request proof of a positive diagnosis. If a pass holder has been potentially exposed to someone who is positive for COVID-19, a pass transfer to a future in-person event can be made.
Government-issued travel restrictions include:
- The country/state that you live in closes its borders to travel
- The country/state you live in issues advice not to travel to Hong Kong
- There is a further lockdown phase in the country/state you live in that prevents you from leaving your home except for essential requirements
In the event Hong Kong announces a return to Covid-19 restrictions, ACAMS will abide by local government policy. Due to new limited seating your conference pass may be subject to change to the next in-person event. Seats will be allocated based on time of purchase.
If Hong Kong’s governing body imposes a new restriction that prohibits ACAMS from holding an in-person event, you will be able to transfer your pass to the next in-person event. Refunds will not be available.