Last Modified: June 9th, 2022
This Website is offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older and not a Restricted Person. ACAMS has the right to suspend or terminate Your access if ACAMS determines You are a Restricted Person. For purposes of this section, Restriction Person means an individual that is prohibited from engaging in certain transactions based on applicable law and ACAMS’ policies, which may be updated from time to time. By using this Website, You represent and warrant that You are of legal age to form a binding contract with the ACAMS, are not a Restricted Person and meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements.
If You do not meet all of these requirements, You must not access or use the Website.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users, including registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website.
If You create an account, Your user name and password must be treated as confidential information and You must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that Your account information is personal to You and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Website or portions of it using Your user name, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us promptly of any unauthorized access to or use of Your user name or password or any other breach of security in which You become aware of.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) including certain online ACAMS proprietary information, data, and/or materials displayed on or downloadable from the Website or made available in the form of ACAMS’ offered webinars or other online services, together with any accompanying materials or other documentation (collectively referred to as “ACAMS Content”) are owned by the ACAMS, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
If you are a trademark or copyright owner and you believe that your trademark or copyright rights have been violated, please go to the Copyright Infringement Section and follow the instructions there.
ACAMS is committed to complying with U.S. copyright law and to respond to claims of copyright infringement. ACAMS will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c) (“DMCA”).
If you believe that any materials on the Websites (“Materials”) violate your copyright or trademark rights, you may request such Materials be removed by following the notice and take down procedures of the DMCA. To follow those procedures, contact us:
By Mail: 1100 Brickell Bay Drive #311090 Miami, FL 33231.
By Email: email@example.com
For your complaint to be valid under the DMCA, you must provide all of the following information when providing notice of the claimed copyright infringement:
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- A clear statement identifying the works or marks that you believe to be infringed by the Materials.
- Sufficient information about the location of the allegedly infringing Materials so that we can find and verify their existence.
- A statement from the owner, or authorized representative of the owner, of the works or marks that you believe to be infringed and not authorized by the owner.
- Your name, telephone number, and email address.
- A statement from you under penalty of perjury that the information supplied is accurate, and that you are the owner or authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
You should be aware that, under the DMCA, claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material, court costs, and attorney’s fees.
It is the policy of ACAMS to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
- Modify copies of ACAMS Content from this site.
- Reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit ACAMS Content.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from this site.
- Resell, database or duplicate the ACAMS Content.
- Access or use any part of the Website or any ACAMS Content for any commercial purpose.
The ACAMS name, the term ACAMS, the ACAMS logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the ACAMS or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the ACAMS. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming, or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information, or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material , including any "junk mail," "chain letter," "spam," or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate ACAMS, an ACAMS employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined solely by us, may harm ACAMS or users of the Website, or expose ACAMS or users to liability.
Additionally, You agree not to:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Reliance on Information Posted
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE ACAMS CONTENT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE TAX, LEGAL OR BUSINESS ADVICE OR RECOMMENDATIONS. The ACAMS Content and any information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes.
This Website includes content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than ACAMS Content, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the ACAMS. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Website will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy Your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our site for any reconstruction of any lost data. NEITHER ACAMS NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH ACAMS REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. ACAMS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS OR DATA.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, ACAMS CONTENT, AND ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER ACAMS NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH ACAMS MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE OR ACAMS CONTENT. ADDITIONALLY ACAMS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACAMS CONTENT OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, ACAMS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitation on Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ACAMS, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, ANY CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE OR SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
This website is operated by ACAMS (Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists LLC), located at 1100 Brickell Bay Drive #311090 Miami, FL 33231.
All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to: email@example.com.