While Luxembourg is subject to a complex and dynamic regulatory and supervisory environment and because of the global importance of the country as a top tier financial market, ACAMS has decided to enhance its presence in Luxembourg to facilitate interaction with and cooperation amongst compliance professionals.
To make the aggregation, sharing and creation of knowledge possible, the Luxembourg ACAMS Chapter was created with the mission to foster and expand the cooperation between professionals, to generate a knowledge centre with relevant possibilities of education and to enhance the compliance culture within the country in general.
The Chapter brings together a set of Luxembourg ACAMS members, young professionals wishing to join the network, MLROs as well as other AML and Financial Crime Compliance professionals in order to add value to the institutions, organisations and to the country in the fight against financial criminality, money laundering and terrorist financing.
In order to succeed in this mission, the Chapter members are –amongst others –focusing on doing the following things:
- Providing a platform for knowledge sharing and training for FCC professionals
- Sharing of market best practices, trends and evolving insights and technologies on AML and Financial Crime Compliance
- Encouraging and participating in innovative initiatives to bring standardisation and to improve the technique and effectiveness of the anti-financial crime and counter terrorist financing defence system
- Raising awareness on AML topics and reinforcing public confidence in the high ethical standards of the FCC professionals
- Organizing events with topical speakers and network opportunities
Upcoming Luxembourg Chapter learning events will be announced soon.