Start Your CAMS Journey Today
ACAMS is offering 20 CAMS Scholarships to anti-financial crime (AFC) professionals from countries that are part of the African continent. For a complete list of countries in Africa, please click here.*
As part of our diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) strategy, ACAMS is committed to creating opportunities and removing barriers to development for professionals pursuing a career in financial crime prevention but face institutional or personal challenges getting there. As part of this commitment, we are offering 20 CAMS certifications for eligible AFC professionals.
* Please note this scholarship offer is void where prohibited by law and ACAMS shall be free to interpret and amend the scholarship offer terms in its sole discretion.
About the Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Scholarship
ACAMS is a leading international membership organization dedicated to supporting anti-financial crime (AFC) professionals through education and networking opportunities.
As part of this commitment, we are providing 20 scholarships to eligible AFC practitioners who are residents and nationals from countries that are part of the African continent and are seeking the Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) credential. Scholarship winners will receive the following at no cost:
- The CAMS exam package, including the CAMS virtual classroom series and study materials
- A one-year ACAMS membership
For a complete list of countries in the African continent, please click here.
Who Should Apply?
The CAMS Scholarship is for Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC) professionals who are pursuing a career in AML compliance and who are residents and nationals of countries that are part of the African continent. It is designed for those who:
- Demonstrate a passion for financial crime prevention and AFC compliance;
- Work in financial services, law enforcement, or the regulatory sector;
- Want to advance their career in financial crime prevention;
- Have approximately 18 months or more of AFC experience;
- Have 40 qualifying credits based on education, other professional certifications, and/or professional experience in the AFC compliance field.
Visit our eligibility calculator to determine if you qualify to take the CAMS exam.
Frequently Asked Questions
Disclosure for CAMS Scholarship
By applying for the CAMS Scholarship, the applicant:
1) Agrees to provide ACAMS a testimonial and grants to ACAMS the irrevocable right and permission to use any testimonial (written or oral), photographs, video recordings or images, sound recordings or other data of the applicant either submitted with the application or taken by ACAMS;
To use, re‐use, publish, republish, copy, modify, display and create derivative works in whole or in section, individually or in conjunction with other photographs, film, video, or other images, sound recordings or testimonials in any medium or format whatsoever (including without limitation, in and on print publications, the internet and other digital transmission or delivery methods) and for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation in advertising, marketing, publications, electronic distribution, and the internet and for any other commercial purpose without further consent; and
a) To use the applicant’s name, image, likeness, voice, other personal characteristics, and professional and personal biographical information in connection therewith; and
b) To copyright the same in the name of ACAMS, or any other name that ACAMS may choose; and
2) Waives any and all rights to such photographs, film, video or other images, sound recordings, or testimonials (written or oral) and assigns all such rights in perpetuity to ACAMS and its affiliates and successors.
The applicant acknowledges and agrees that ACAMS has the right to use any materials, including images, the applicant submits for marketing purposes as determined by ACAMS. ACAMS will not be liable to the applicant for its use of such materials or images.
The applicant understands that there will be no payment or other compensation for the permitted use of any testimonial (written or oral), photographs, film, video, other images or sound recordings received or taken by ACAMS or of the applicant’s name, likeness or personal characteristics.
ACAMS shall be the exclusive owner of all rights, including copyright, in the materials. The applicant forever releases and discharges ACAMS from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of such photographs, film, video or other images, sound recordings, or testimonial (written or oral), including but not limited to any claims for defamation, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, emotional distress or any similar right.
The applicant undertakes and warrants that they do not have a relationship with ACAMS, or with anyone employed at ACAMS, and this includes:
a) Serving as a current employee in any capacity at ACAMS; and
b) Being related to anyone employed at ACAMS as either a spouse, domestic partner, parent, child or spouse of a child, brother, sister, or spouse of a brother or sister.
The applicant represents and warrants that any testimonial (written or oral) given is original and does not infringe upon the copyright or proprietary rights of another person or entity.
The applicant further warrants the information they submit will not contain any material which is defamatory, private, confidential, or which is unlawful in any way. Any application found to be in breach of the foregoing statement will be disqualified.