Greater Twin Cities Chapter 2019 Newsletter
Thank you for visiting the new ACAMS Greater Twin Cities Chapter website! The Chapter was launched on October 27, 2011 by an Executive Board composed of professionals from the AML field in the Minnesota/Wisconsin region. The Chapter seeks to be a professional resource that can provide support, guidance, training, and peer interaction for industry professionals. One of our Chapter’s goals is to promote ACAMS as a platform for career development and professional networking for our local AML community by organizing meetings and events of interest for members and non-members. We’ll have a variety of events in multiple locations and present various speakers who are subject matter experts in the industry so all participants can benefit. We believe this Chapter will be an effective and productive resource, and we strongly encourage your involvement.
Reasons to join the ACAMS Greater Twin Cities Chapter:
- The Chapter will provide ACAMS members a local forum to facilitate networking and discussion on AML topics of interest among AML professionals from the various industry lines.
- The Chapter provides an opportunity for AML professionals to share best practices for prevention, detection and reporting of financial crimes and fraud.
- The Chapter will offer educational opportunities focusing on region-specific topics of interest and provide an opportunity to have your questions answered by AML industry professionals, members of law enforcement, and the regulatory agencies.
- The local Chapter provides the AML, fraud, and anti-terrorism financing community with professional resources, member support, guidance on new regulations and emerging issues, and career development related training.
- Most events will be free of charge to Chapter members, providing a great value for your $50 annual membership fee.
- Many of the training and workshop events will provide an opportunity to earn continuing education credits to maintain your CAMS designation.
Together, we can end human trafficking in our lifetime.
Read articles in ACAMs Today articles on board member Sande Bayer’s fight against human trafficking
To join as a chapter member, you must have an active ACAMS membership.
Not yet an ACAMS member? Join us here
Upcoming Greater Twin Cities Chapter learning events will be announced soon.