Virtual Currency and Blockchain: Course Content
The Virtual Currency and Blockchain online course has been written by global subject matter experts, pulling examples from many countries and contexts. Lessons and examples are relevant to any industry, but the primary focus of study is financial institutions, including:
- Credit unions
- Asset managers
- Money-services-businesses (MSBs)
- Securities broker-dealers
- Credit card issuers
- Alternate payment systems
By completing the Virtual Currency and Blockchain course, you will learn:
- How virtual currency is exchanged
- The history of virtual currency, from e-Gold to Bitcoin
- How regulation has evolved
- Case studies from law enforcement and their real-world application
- How to identify and mitigate the threats to your financial institution, now and in the future
Understand the technology behind the currency
Most cryptocurrencies use a blockchain. This certificate covers cryptocurrency training topics that help you understand the underlying technology, so you can better mitigate the associated risks.
This course includes two 90-minute, live Virtual Classrooms. These Virtual Classrooms are pre-scheduled before you purchase the course.
The classroom sessions are designed to help you retain key concepts from the training course. During the sessions, you can interact with fellow participants and the instructor to receive advice and answers to any questions you have. You’ll learn how apply your knowledge in the assessment, helping you to successfully pass and attain your Virtual Currency and Blockchain compliance certificate.