This Fireside Chat, with Peter Wild, will start by discussing some of some of the implications of the recent ICIJ publication of articles based upon the leak of the Suspicious Activity Reports from FinCen.
We will continue by highlighting some of the significant areas covered in his book including:
- Some significant global ML statistics
- In the chapter on Trade-Based Money Laundering he describes something currently almost unknown in Anti-Money Laundering enforcement which is Service Based Money Laundering.
- The Illicit Tobacco Trade is almost forgotten in many AML programs today even though it remains a significant problem.
- Perhaps the most impressive chapter is called “China: The Biggest Money Laundering Threat”. The 78 pages are devoted to a very comprehensive discussion of the many areas in which China is involved in ML.
- Some of his recommendations to improve the AML/CTF regime.
His book: MONEY LAUNDERING and Illicit Financial Flows is available on Amazon.
1 ACAMS Credit **Please note that ACAMS credit for this virtual event is available to members of the Chapter only.