Course Description: A new world full of strange names and acronyms is quickly dominating the financial landscape. This is impacting how compliance, and specifically how anti-money laundering programs, understand the risk exposure each has aligned to the crypto markets. This session provides an introduction to the world of blockchain and digital assets. It will also discuss the markets in which they trade, the players which comprise the market, the principal risks, the regulatory setting and….how this new world is intersecting with traditional banking creating the need to analyze and engage with a variety of blockchain and crypto/digital asset applications.
- Introduce the concept of Distributed Ledgers and the Blockchains
- Breakdown different types of Digital Assets
- Discuss the Market Segments and Players and how they relate to traditional banking
- Understand the common crypto/digital asset applications banks are evaluating
- Evaluate some of the typical strategies and risks involved
- Understand what a framework for implementation would look like