The ACAMS Houston Chapter is excited to bring you this virtual training event featuring William Sparks of Third Party Resources, Inc. discussing the fascinating world of cryptocurrency and its impact on your BSA program. Join us as Bill covers topics like these:
1. Yes, your customers are buying, trading, selling, or holding cryptocurrency…and for good reasons. Find out why.
2. Visualize how much money is flowing through crypto daily…only a small percentage is illicit.
3. We need better crypto investigation tools. No problem, and they are free to use.
4. Want to get your SAR noticed other than by writing style alone. You need a deep bench of law enforcement contacts… and 3PR trains them.
5. DEX, DeFi and NFTs… This genie is out of the bottle.
6. Regulation: still up in the air but will likely center around the “travel rule” and unhosted wallets. Unless your bank is facilitating crypto transactions, you will probably not be affected by either.
7. Credit risk: maybe not in your AML, BSA or compliance lane but worth a sentence or two.
1 ACAMS Credit **Please note that ACAMS credit for this virtual event is available to members of the Chapter only.