Regulatory insights into AML and financial crime risks are vital elements of any AML officers’ toolkit for building a strong AML program. AUSTRAC has released a series of sectoral risk assessments, providing insights into how different types of institutions and markets are viewed, and examples of detected laundering in or affecting Australia.
In this session we will explore the details of the risk assessments, how AMLCOs should be using such regulatory information, and how to distil the wealth of material down to hit home with Board and Executive stakeholders within your organisation.
Issues covered will include:
- Key aspects of AUSTRAC publications
- Key messages for each sector
- How to identify items of specific relevance to your business
- How to brief executive, Board members, and general staff
- What this means for your enterprise-wide risk assessment and AML program.
If you think the cost of compliance is high, think about the cost of non-compliance.
1 ACAMS Credit
**Please note that ACAMS credit for this virtual event is available to members of the Chapter only.