Welcome to the Michigan ACAMS Chapter web page.
Our chapter was launched in 2017 by an Executive Board comprised of anti-money laundering professionals throughout the state of Michigan. The Chapter is committed to assisting ACAMS International in its mission “to advance the professional knowledge, skills, and experience of those dedicated to the detection and prevention of international money laundering” by providing:
- A forum for collaboration and networking opportunities with local AML professionals and industry experts
- Educational resources focusing on region-specific topics and areas of concern
- Training and Workshops with subject matter experts, which may earn continuing education credits for certain events
- Career/professional development opportunities
Upcoming Michigan Chapter learning events will be announced soon.
ACAMS Michigan Chapter August Virtual Event: Business Email Compromise (BEC) in the COVID-19 Era
JULY 30, 2020
Free Event Via Zoom
You must RSVP to receive the Zoom link. Please RSVP by July 28, 2020
**Please note that CAMS credit for this virtual event is available to members of the Chapter only.
- John Shoup – Director and Senior Vice President of Corporate Fraud Investigations for Comerica Bank
John Shoup is the Director and Senior Vice President of Corporate Fraud Investigations in Comerica Bank’s Financial Intelligence Department. He is responsible for overseeing all corporate fraud investigations on an enterprise-wide basis. Mr. Shoup joined Comerica in January of 2016 following his retirement from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) after having served over 24 years as an FBI Special Agent. Most recently, Mr. Shoup held the position of Assistant Special Agent in Charge of the FBI Detroit Division’s National Security Branch, where he oversaw all counterterrorism, counterintelligence and cyber-crime investigations within the State of Michigan.