Launched in December 2019, the ACAMS Malta Chapter will:
- Support ACAMS Members, the AML/CFT and wider anti financial crime community in Malta by providing a platform for knowledge sharing and peer education through networking.
- Provide a forum for discussion on emerging and technical issues, as well as creating an environment for education and professional development for the anti-financial crime sector. Furthermore, it will seek to broaden the sharing of information and expertise across all relevant industries in the Maltese economy.
- Raise awareness of Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) including KYC/CDD and Transaction Monitoring, plus sanctions, anti-bribery & corruption, cybercrime, fraud, market abuse and other financial crime related matters.
- Keep its members updated by running regular education and networking events with a financial crime focus in liaison with professional associations, supervisory and regulatory authorities, and the private sector.
- Encourage participation from everyone in the anti-financial crime community including: specialists and subject matter experts, individuals working in traditional finance and credit institutions, investment companies, professional services, consultancies, solution providers, Designated Non-Financial Business Professionals (DNFBPs), gaming companies, FinTechs, Virtual Financial Asset providers an (VFAs) as well as law enforcement, policy makers and regulatory bodies.
Upcoming Malta Chapter learning events will be announced soon.