Witamy! W czym możemy pomóc?
Associate Certifications View All
If you already have an ACAMS account, please login with your registered email address (username) and password.
- Click here and o to ‘My Account’ found in the upper right toolbar
- From the dropdown select ‘Account home’ select
- Scroll down to the Applications’ sections and click see all
- ‘Select the Certification program and click the link to ‘Complete Application’.
If you are new to ACAMS and do not have an account, please visit this page and select “Register” to create a new account.Do I need to submit a completed application at the time of purchase, or can I submit the application at a later time?
Candidates have the option to pay for their certification prior to submitting their Certification Application however, the application process will not be completed until the Certification Application has been submitted and approved by ACAMS. An approved application is required in order for a candidate to schedule and take their exam, and Candidates will have 4 months from the approval date to pass their exam. Alternatively, Candidates can access their study materials and begin their program prior to submitting their application.Where can I see the status of my application?
You will be able to see the status of your application when you login to your ACAMS dashboard.
- Click here and o to ‘My Account’ found in the upper right toolbar
- From the dropdown select ‘Account home’ select ‘
- Scroll down to the Applications’ section
- Click ‘See All’.
- Select the Certification program, the status of your application will appear under the relevant certification application tab
Your enrollment period begins when your Certification Application is approved. You have 4 months from the approval date to schedule and take your exam with our testing provider Pearson VUE. You must have also paid for your program in order to be eligible to schedule and take your exam. The exam scheduling system of our exam provider can be accessed from your ACAMS account. Members have the option to take the exam via online proctoring or via a test center in your preferred location.Are applications transferable?
Applications are not transferable. Members interested in a certification with ACAMS need to submit their own application.Is there a government discount offered for Associate level exams?
There is no different pricing between government and private sectors.
There are no eligibility requirements for associate level exams, but candidates are required to have an active ACAMS membership.
Upon payment of your certification package, ACAMS will enable your access to the Study Materials. You will be able to access them from your Account
- Click here and go to ‘My Account’ found in the upper right toolbar
- From the dropdown select ‘My Courses’ to access the learning platform
- Overview ‘My Courses’ and select program you purchased. All courses available for your account will show.
Yes, the Study Guide is included in the Certification Package price. Exams are included in the package and are not orderable separately.Can I view the study guide on a kindle?
Yes, the Study Guides are PDF viewable on most e-readers. ePub and MOBI formats are not yet available.My access to the study materials has expired, how can I extend this?
Contact ACAMS support here to request an extensionIs all the information I need for the exam covered in the study materials?
The ACAMS study materials are the most comprehensive resource available for preparing for our certification exams. We are confident that a thorough understanding of the content of our study materials will lead to passing. However, test-takers should expect some differences between the exam and the study materials and should recognize that our exam questions are designed to measure the application of knowledge as opposed to recall of information. By design, you will see challenging questions that use scenarios to measure a candidate’s competency in applying underlying knowledge to life-like examples. We encourage all candidates to read additional materials, including primary sources, and to rely on reference sections provided in most study materials.Where can I find examples of the exam questions?
If available, Practice Exams will be found in your online ACAMS training materials, in the learning platform. Please note, Practice Exams are not currently available for all Certification Programs.Why can’t I see which questions I got right or wrong on the training post-assessments?
We cannot share how individuals performed on individual post-assessment questions, as that would impact the validity of our post-assessment results.What type of sample questions will I have access to in my study materials?
ACAMS provides multiple types of questions as part of most programs’ study materials:
- Review Questions – These are designed as “formative” questions, meaning that they are designed for learning, and the correct answer is provided. However, these questions are not written to the same, robust standard as our certification exam questions. They are intended to help you practice the knowledge you are gaining from the study materials, as opposed to measuring your competency.
- Post-Assessment Questions – ACAMS’ certification study materials contain a “post-assessment.” Each certification program consists of a training component and a certification exam component. Post-assessments are not proctored and are designed to confirm that you have engaged in the training component. They do not provide answers and learners can take this assessment multiple times until passing. Upon successful completion of the post-assessment, you will be awarded ACAMS credits and a certificate for completing the training component of the program. This does not mean, however, that you have attained the certification or “designation” (the credential such as “CAMS” that you put after your name). In order to earn the certification credential, you must pass the formal, proctored certification exam.
- Practice Exam Questions – These are questions written to the same, rigorous standard as questions on the certification exam. In most cases, these are questions that have been retired from the actual certification exam question bank. When provided (newer certification programs may not have them), these questions can be taken either in a way that enables you to see the correct answer after each question, or as a practice test to gauge your overall readiness to take the formal, proctored certification exam.
We cannot share how individuals performed on individual post-assessment questions, as that would impact the validity of our post-assessment results.
You must first apply for the certification of your choice. Once your application is approved and you have purchased your Certification package, you will be emailed instructions on how to schedule your exam through our testing provider, Pearson VUE.When can I register to take the exam?
Candidates are able to register for the exam as soon as their Certification Application has been approved by ACAMS and their Certification package is paid.
After you have purchased your Certification package and your Certification Application is approved, you will receive instructions via email on how to schedule your exam. You can take your exam at a test center of your choice or via online proctoring. Please note not all countries or regions are eligible for all testing modalities. Please refer to our Online Proctoring FAQ for further details.Will I receive a reminder before my authorization to test expires?
No, but in your ‘’ACAMS Examination Authorization’’ email, you can view until when you are able to schedule and take your exam by.Is it possible to take the exam at a conference or ACAMS sponsored event?
No, it’s not possible to take the exam at a conference or ACAMS sponsored event. Our test delivery vendor, Pearson VUE, provides a worldwide network of 5,000+ testing centers to allow candidates to schedule the certification exam. Alternatively, the online proctoring option is also available. Click here to find your nearest testing center.
You can reschedule your appointment at no cost if it is before 72hours prior to the original appointment, you would need to login to the Pearson VUE account you used for the initial scheduling, and follow the steps for rescheduleWould I incur a fee for rescheduling the exam?
Candidates may reschedule their exam on the web at no cost to them prior to the 72-hour window. Cancellations and rescheduling prior to the 72-hour window can be done directly on the Pearson VUE site. You may also reschedule or cancel via the Pearson VUE call center up to 72 hours before the exam for a fee of US$20. Please click on this link to contact Pearson Vue directly. If you cancel or reschedule an exam within 24 to 72 hours of your scheduled time, there will be a fee of US$100 collected by Pearson VUE. There is an additional fee for scheduling an exam by phone rather than by using the online system. Pearson VUE call centers will answer questions for assisting with online scheduling free of charge. However, if the exam is scheduled on the phone, there will be a US$20 fee collected by Pearson VUE. If you cancel your exam within 24 hours or do not show up for your scheduled appointment, you will need to contact ACAMS and you will be charged for a new authorization (US$199 private and public sector).To schedule a re-take, the candidate must:
- Request an invoice through the Contact Us page online.
- Pay the examination fee for their new authorization to Test US$199
- ACAMS will provide an exam authorization email with the necessary instructions.
Yes, you may purchase a two-month extension for $100. Please ensure your ACAMS Membership remains active throughout your extension period.My authorization to test has expired, how do I extend it?
Please contact us Contact Us | ACAMS to see if you qualify for an eligible extension.
Test takers will have 90 minutes to complete the Associate level examination.How long is my certification valid for to?
Associate level certifications are valid for one year. However, certified members will be required to further their knowledge through continuing education. Members will need to recertify every year. Please refer to the Recertification policy in our Certification Handbooks for more information.Is taking an ACAMS program like taking a university course?
Our specialist and advanced specialist certification programs cover approximately the same amount of information as a traditional semester-length university course. However, our certification exams are designed to the best-practice standards of rigorous occupational certification programs. This means that the certification exams are more than just a measure of whether you have completed a training or course but are intended to objectively measure a candidate’s ability to apply their knowledge to life-like examples. You should expect ACAMS’ certification exams to be significantly more challenging than a final exam for a university course.After associate level I would like to take a specialist exam, how many credits will I get from each associate program?
Completing the study materials of your associate level programs will count for8 credits towards a specialist certification. Make sure your learning path is complete in order to get the credits.
- International Travel Passport
- Driver’s license
- Military ID (including spouse & dependents)
- Identification card (national/state/province identity card)
- Alien registration card (green card, permanent resident, visa)
- Local language ID (not in Roman characters) –accepted only if issued from the country the person is testing in
- Any ID containing at least name and signature, or name and recent recognizable photo that meets ID requirements below
Identification (ID) Requirements
- Candidate is required to present two forms of original (no photocopies or digital IDs), valid (unexpired) IDs; one form as a primary ID (government issued with name, recent recognizable photo, and signature) and one form as a secondary ID (with at least a name and signature, or name and recent recognizable photo).
- The first and last name that the candidate uses to register must match exactly the first and last name on both of the IDs that are presented on test day.
- All IDs required must be issued by the country in which the candidate is testing. If the candidate does not have a qualifying primary ID issued from the country they are testing in, an International Travel Passport from their country of citizenship is required, along with a secondary ID.
- Expired forms of ID are not acceptable, unless accompanied by valid renewal papers.
- If a government issued ID is missing a visible signature (or has an embedded signature), the candidate is allowed to test as long as the other requirements for primary and secondary IDs are met.
- *If you have any questions about the ID you are required to bring with you to the testing center for admittance for your exam, please contact Pearson VUE customer service at www.pearsonvue.com/contact. Any candidate exceptions to the ID policy must be preapproved by the Pearson VUE customer service center at least three business days before the scheduled exam appointment.
Please contact us in order to update this information Contact Us | ACAMS.What am I able to bring with me into the testing area?
You are not allowed to bring anything into the testing area. You will be provided with a secured area where you can leave your personal belongings including cell phones. Anyone caught with a cell phone on their person during the examination will have their examination cancelled and will be asked to leave the testing center immediately.Where can I park on the day of the exam?
All test center locations must have onsite or nearby parking available for test takers. Please check with the test center.Will the computer/equipment be provided at the test center?
Yes, all test centers are fully equipped with computers and other necessary hardware/software.
- The CAFCA examination consists of 60 multiple choice questions. Some of these items are unscored. The unscored items are included on the exam to gather statistical information. These items are not identified on the exam and do not affect your score. To obtain the CAFCA credential, candidates must answer a minimum of 68% of the scored questions correctly.
- The CTMA examination consists of 60 multiple choice questions. Some of these items are unscored. The unscored items are included on the exam to gather statistical information. These items are not identified on the exam and do not affect your score. To obtain the CTMA credential, candidates must answer a minimum of 74% of the scored questions correctly.
- The CKYCA examination consists of 60 multiple choice questions. Some of these items are unscored. The unscored items are included on the exam to gather statistical information. These items are not identified on the exam and do not affect your score. To obtain the CKYCA credential, candidates must answer a minimum of 72% of the scored questions correctly.
Your result is displayed upon submission of your examination. You will also receive a printed score report at the test centered, it will be emailed to you shortly after your examination. This email will state your exam results and how to maintain the certification up to date. Candidates who take their exam via online proctoring will receive an email with a link to the Exam Score Report found in their Pearson VUE account.Do you disclose test results by question or topic?
According to our policy, which is designed to protect the integrity of the exam, we do not disclose the exam question content. Please refer to the candidate handbook under appeals for more information. However, the score report provides the score for each section. The score report is available in your Pearson VUE dashboard.I came very close to passing. Can I have my exam score re-evaluated?
No. We recognize that it can be frustrating to miss the passing score by a small margin. However, our passing scores are established through a formalized standard setting procedure, and once established, must be enforced consistently for all test-takers. As stated in our Candidate Handbooks, we do not accept appeals of exam scores based on a failed score. Also please note that every test has some unscored questions that enable us to collect data on questions prior to making them scored. It is very possible that questions that concern you are unscored.Why can’t I see which questions I got right or wrong on the certification exam?
ACAMS provides information on how test-takers perform by each knowledge domain on the exam. Refer to the Candidate Handbook for your certification program to see the exam blueprint for the knowledge domains. We cannot share how individuals performed on individual test questions, as that would impact the validity of our exam results.Are the Test results disclosed to third parties? Are the test results public?
Test results are not released to the public. However, ACAMS may disclose exam results to those organizations subsidizing the certification for their employees.
Yes, active members can expect to receive their e-certificate within a week from the day they passed the exam.Can I receive a hard copy of my certificate?
Yes, members can request to receive a hard-copy certificate via the Contact Form: Contact Us | ACAMS The shipping time may take up to 8-12 weeks. Please include a full shipping address in your request.Do I receive additional credits for passing the exam?
Candidates do not receive additional credits for passing the exam.
If a candidate does not pass, they will have the opportunity to retake the examination. Candidates can retake the exam after 30 days.Why does ACAMS enforce a waiting period between test attempts?
ACAMS enforces a waiting period of 30 days if someone does not pass on their first attempt. After the first attempt, waiting periods differ by exam level. Waiting periods are common for professional certification exams. The waiting periods help support the validity of our exam results. First, these are an exam security measure to prevent repeated testing in rapid succession with the intention of memorizing test questions. Second, the waiting period ensures that those who fail spend the necessary time to prepare to pass the next time. Although we recognize that our exam measures knowledge at a specific moment in time, companies that hire ACAMS-certified members expect that the passing score represents a stable understanding and not a result of immediate recall of memorized information. As such, the waiting period encourages deeper understanding over cram-based recall.How much time will I have to schedule and sit the retake?
You have 4 months to schedule and take your exam from the time the Authorization To-Test is issued.I would like to re-take my exam in another language, how is it possible?
Please contact your account manager or the customer service team.
Yes, you may access the Graduate list here. The graduate list updates bi-weekly. Please allow 2-3 weeks for your name to appear on the website. If your name does not appear within 2-3 weeks of having successfully completed the Examination, please contact us. In order to remain on the ACAMS graduation list, you must maintain an active ACAMS membership.Can I be excluded from the Graduate list if I wish?
To be removed from the graduate list, you would need to submit a request. Please contact us Contact Us | ACAMS.Can I be excluded from the Graduate list if I wish?
To be removed from the graduate list, you would need to submit a request. Please contact us Contact Us | ACAMS
For questions about recertification, please see our dedicated page here
ACAMS credits are educational credits earned through ACAMS resources (for example certificate courses, events, webinars, and chapter events). ACAMS credits can be used towards recertification, or to meet the eligibility criteria when applying for an ACAMS certification.Are ACAMS credits valid towards the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)?
Please contact the ACFE to inquire.Do I earn credits by enrolling in any free webinar offered by ACAMS?
Your individual ACAMS membership includes the ability to take unlimited free ACAMS webinars, including past webinars archived on our Learning Management System (LMS) and count those webinars towards recertification. Note that the Membership must be active in order to earn credits from free webinars.How many credits is my ACAMS Certification worth if I would like to apply for an external Certification program?
For external certifications, member will have to confirm with external companies of interest if they accept our certification.
Having an ACAMS membership does not automatically grant you access to ML.com. MLDC is a subscription and is not part of the individual ACAMS membership. However, Enterprise Membership gives access to MLDC.Who is Pearson VUE?
Pearson VUE (pearsonvue.com) provides computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in 180 countries. Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson (NYSE: PSO; LSE: PSON), the world’s largest learning company.How can I publish an article with ACAMS?
Visit the ‘Get Published’ link on ACAMSToday.org to submit your topic idea or article to be considered for publication. https://www.acamstoday.org/contributors-guidelines/How can I participate in the ‘AML Professional of the Month’ award?
You can submit your nomination by filling the form found here: https://www.acamstoday.org/afc-professional-of-the-month/.What is the difference between an ACAMS certificate and a certification?
- ACAMS’ “certificate courses” are training courses designed to help individuals’ learn important topics relevant to their careers and interests. Post-assessments in the certificate courses are designed to confirm that an individual has taken the training course. Passing the post-assessment provides the individual with ACAMS credits and a certificate of achievement for the training.
- ACAMS’ “certification programs” consist of two components: a training component and a certification exam component. The training components can be identical to “certificate courses”. Passing the post-assessment provides the individual with ACAMS credits and a certificate of achievement for the training. Although the training helps individuals prepare for the certification exam, the certification exam is considered an independent measure of the candidate’s ability to demonstrate competency in the topic of the certification program by apply knowledge to life-like scenarios. When individuals pass one of ACAMS’ certification exams, they earn the right to use the “designation” such as calling putting CAMS after your name. Certification programs also have recertification requirements to maintain that designation.
Pearson VUE currently has more than 5,000 Pearson VUE Test Centers in more than 180 countries; including several hundred company-owned and operated Pearson Professional Centers. Candidates with access to military bases can test at on-base military test centers. You can find available test centers here.What if there is no center in my area?
If there is no center available within 50 miles of your residence or work addresses, or if no center is available in your country, please contact us at www.acams.org/en/contact-us with that information. We may be able to offer alternative testing options. You also have the option to take the exam using the online proctoring. Please note not all countries or regions are eligible for all testing modalities. Please refer to our Online Proctoring FAQ for further details.Will the test fees change?
Your package includes the testing fee. No test center should be collecting fees from a candidate when you go to test. However, there is an additional fee for scheduling an exam by phone rather than by using the online system. Pearson VUE call centers will answer questions for assisting with online scheduling free of charge. However, if the exam is scheduled on the phone, there will be a $20 fee collected by Pearson VUE. If you cancel or reschedule an exam within 24 to 72 hours of your scheduled time, there will be a fee of US$100 collected by Pearson VUE. If you cancel your exam within 24 hours or do not show up for your scheduled appointment, you will need to contact ACAMS and you will be charged for a new authorization (US$199).What are the changes to the center testing process for ACAMS candidates?
At Pearson VUE testing centers, in addition to the identification requirements, candidates will now be photographed and asked to provide a digital signature. The photograph and signature will become a permanent part of each candidate’s certification record. Photos taken during the admission process may be printed on score reports and all candidate data will be securely stored and protected by Pearson VUE. These requirements may be modified according to local lawsWhat are the benefits of capturing digital photos and signatures?
Digital photos and signatures are used to ensure that the person presenting the certification credential is the same individual who took the exam. This procedure helps to ensure that ACAMS’ certifications maintain their integrity and value within the marketplace.How will candidate personal information be stored?
Yes. All of ACAMS’ test-based certification programs will have their exams administered at Pearson VUE centers.Can Pearson VUE sites accommodate candidates with special needs?
Yes, ACAMS and Pearson VUE allow accommodations to candidates who are identified as having special needs. If you have any special requirements and would like to request an accommodation, please contact ACAMS at firstname.lastname@example.org.How do I schedule an exam with Pearson VUE?
You must first apply for the certification of your choice. Once your application is approved and you have purchased your Certification package, you will be emailed instructions on how to schedule your exam through our testing provider, Pearson VUE.I need to reschedule my appointment; how can I do that?
You can reschedule your appointment at no cost if it is before 72hours prior to the original appointment, you would need to login to the Pearson VUE account you used for the initial scheduling and follow the steps for reschedule.
It’s easy to join the Pearson VUE Authorized Test Center network if you meet basic requirements. You’ll find an application, technical specifications, and instructions at https://home.pearsonvue.com/For-test-centers/Learn-more.aspx.My organization is currently a Pearson VUE test center. Do we need to renew our agreement?
No. Pearson VUE does not plan to make any changes to the authorized testing center agreement.How can I access a Candidate Handbook?
All our candidate handbooks are available in our website.
- Go to our website here
- Click Get Certified’ found on the left side of the upper tab.
- All our programs will show up, click the program of the handbook you are looking for
- It will take you to the selected program home page
- Click “Download Handbook” and fill out the form. Kindly note our handbooks are constantly being updated.
Our FAQs page is updated frequently. Please be sure to keep checking for updates. If you don’t find the answer to your question, please contact us.