Our Association is the Association of Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Specialists (AMLTFS) was established in Jordan as a non-profit organization that promotes ethical and professional standards within the compliance and financial crime risk industry, encourages professional development through local and regional financial crime prevention awareness raising efforts, and facilitates the open exchange of information and opinions on regional scope related to financial and non-financial sectors to participate in overseeing the development strategy in the region.
Our mission is to promote excellent education and integrity among compliance and financial crime prevention professionals. Raising the public awareness on the global risks associated is another area of concern to the AMLTFS. The association strives to fulfill this purpose through the effective use of expertise, good stewardship of resources, and efficient use of technology. On top of all, building strong and long-standing partnerships with relevant international organizations such as ACAMS.
- Ethical and professional standards within the compliance and financial crime prevention domain
- Encourage professional development through the AML Certification Program and continuous education
- Facilitate the exchange of information and opinions among people within the regional compliance community and beyond
- Work to further the public’s understanding of the AML designation and compliance and financial crime risks industry.
- Cooperate with local and regional governmental agencies to raise the public awareness and participate in such related events and help in countries evaluation reports if needed.
Our strategy is based on the following four pillars:
- Education and Career Development: Members shall be grouped depending on agreed eligibility criteria where each group will be provided with programs that suites their level of experience and learning needs. Programs will be offered through workshops, discussion sessions, and webcasts.
- Networking: We will help our members to create a web of linked relationships that keep them engaged with practitioners, academic experts, and suppliers of knowledge and information, thus when members find any difficulty they can always find resort to a reference to get advice, solution, or even assistance. This will be conducted via arranging professional events supported by partner organizations, workshops and other networking events.
- Members’ Support: shall support its members on the social, technical, and human resource levels. Technical support is represented in offering the members a knowledge space to navigate, search, and explore a wide resource of knowledge. Social support includes giving the member special privileges that are offered by several institutions and companies.
- Community Support: AMLTFS is very keen to play a key role within the professional community. Our Strategy demands addressing different social categories to be always accessible to those who need orientation and support, including students who are about to graduate, small and medium enterprises’ owners. Above all, AMLTFS is eager to make Financial Crime prevention as a course to be offered in colleges and universities for related finance degrees.
Upcoming Jordan Chapter learning events will be announced soon.