ACAMS is a US based international membership organization dedicated to enhancing the knowledge and expertise of Anti-Money Laundering and Combating Financing of Terrorism (AML/CTF) and Financial Crime detection and prevention Professionals, from a wide range of industries, in both the public and private sectors. One of the ways ACAMS achieves its goals and objectives is by establishing local chapters.
The ACAMS Ghana Chapter is an extension of ACAMS International. The Chapter was established in August 2013 primarily to support and promote ACAMS activities in Ghana.
ACAMS Ghana Chapter through ACAMS International is intended to serve its members with extensive resources designed to develop and sharpen the skills required for greater job performance, and career advancement. This will be achieved by organising seminars and workshops and also creating the opportunity for members to network and share their experiences.
To become a reference point for insight and knowledge on Anti-Money Laundering and Combating Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) as well as Financial Crime issues in Ghana with the support of and in collaboration with ACAMS International.
To offer a platform for the exchange of ideas among AML/CFT and Compliance Professionals in Ghana and beyond.
The main objectives of ACAMS Ghana Chapter are to:
- Promote ACAMS activities in Ghana with a view of expanding ACAMS membership among stakeholders.
- Create a forum where local AML/CFT professionals and stakeholder organisations will meet regularly to discuss or deliberate on AML/CFT related issues within Ghana and beyond.
- Become a pillar and reference point in Ghanian AML/CFT and Financial Crime issues and provide perspective and input into regional and international standards for the detection and prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing.
- Project the image of ACAMS in Ghana as a prestigious organisation with the capacity to influence policy initiatives on AML/CFT and Financial Crime Prevention.
Membership and Benefits
Membership of ACAMS will be essential to individuals hoping to advance their career prospects and growth in the dynamic and competitive AML/CFT and Financial Crime Prevention field.
Membership is open to all professionals especially:
- Anti-Money Laundering Officers
- Compliance Officers
- Law Enforcement/ Financial Intelligence Officers
- Internal & External Auditors
- Risk Management Officers
- Attorneys and legal Practitioners
- Certified Public Accountants
- Investment Advisors
- Real Estate Officers
- Students and fresh graduates
Membership of the Ghana Chapter comes with the following benefits:
- Opportunity to network with thousands of ACAMS members all over the world.
- Opportunity to begin a process towards attaining the prestigious CAMS certificate.
- A subscription to acamstoday.org, which houses the quarterly membership magazine; ACAMS Today.
- Access to ACAMS connection bi-weekly electronic industry newsletter.
- Free participation in periodic ACAMS webinars.
- Substantial discounts to local Chapter workshops and seminars.
- Discounts to all ACAMS international conferences and programmes.
Chapter Activities and Events
- Periodic Networking Events
- Training and seminars on trending AML/CFT and FCP topics
- Periodic Members Meeting
Tel: 0244 755 392, 020 202 2571, 0272 244 773, 0244625716
Upcoming Ghana Chapter learning events will be announced soon.