APAC Update: Enhancing Ultimate Beneficial Ownership (UBO) Practices to Strengthen AML Oversight
- When: June 2, 2017
- Time: 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM HKT
- Level: All
Identifying the UBO of customers who are establishing a business relationship or conducting transactions is often a difficult and cumbersome task. For example, identifying the UBO for a corporation seeking financial services will more than likely require digging through several layers of ownership and other legal arrangements. During the webinar, panelists will share their expertise and practical advice to achieve your organization’s compliance goals to meet UBO standards.
- Detailing APAC, US and EU jurisdictional requirements to aid UBO and ensure compliance with regulatory obligations
- Creating innovative processes to maintain the customer profile throughout the customer lifecycle
- Reviewing typologies of abusive trusts and shell firms to strengthen UBO identification processes
Who Should Attend
- Compliance Officers
- Industry Counsel/Consultants
- On-boarding and Relationship Managers
- Bank Executives and Directors
Hue Dang, CAMS-Audit
- Head of Asia
Ms. Dang is the Head of Asia of ACAMS, having established its regional head office in Hong Kong in 2008. Ms. Dang has more than 20 years’ experience in banking and finance. Prior to ACAMS, she was a Bank Examiner at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, Manager with Barclays Capital’s Investment Banking Division in Singapore, Director for Business Development at Citibank’s Global Consumer Banking Group in Singapore and Director of Business Development, Asia/Pacific, for Thomson Financial in Hong Kong. Ms. Dang holds educational degrees from the US, with a Bachelor of Arts Degree with honors from Amherst College and a Master in Public Policy from Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.