360 Degree Review: 2016 Activities and Forecasts for 2017—AML Initiatives in Europe
- When: January 19, 2017
- Time: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM BST
- Level: All
ACAMS chapter members from across Europe will discuss AML regulatory developments in their jurisdictions during 2016 and what can be expected in 2017.
- Obtaining a consolidated understanding of the overall European landscape of 2016 related to AML initiatives
- Providing a Europe-wide perspective of anticipated changes to national AML regulations and requirements in compliance with the 4AMLD in 2017 and beyond
- Establishing strategies to deal with incorporate legislative and regulatory changes into financial institutions’ anti-financial crime compliance programs
Who Should Attend
- Compliance Officers
- Legal Advisors
- Law Enforcement
- Industry consultants
- Regulatory Representatives
- MSB/ Fintechs
- Trust and Corporate Service Providers
Samantha Sheen, CAMS
- Europe AML Director
Samantha Sheen is a financial crime risk professional who recently completed work with a global insurer based in Milan, Italy, where she focused on enhancing its financial crime measures across offices in three continents. Sheen previously worked as the inaugural director of the Financial Crime Division for the Guernsey Financial Services Commission. She joined the Commission in 2010 as its first legal counsel. Prior to joining the Commission, Sheen worked as legal counsel for various financial companies both in Canada and Australia. While in Sydney, Australia, Sheen worked with a large accountancy firm in its compliance advisory team before moving to Guernsey. Originally from Montreal, Canada, Sheen started her legal career in Toronto in the late 1990s.
Moreover, Sheen holds a bachelor’s degree in public administration, an LLB and a master’s degree in risk management. She is a member of ACAMS and is a graduate of the Harvard University Kennedy School of Government Strategic Management of Regulatory and Enforcement Agencies program. Sheen’s particular area of interest is in relation to the effectiveness of risk management and mitigation measures in influencing changes in staff behavior and culture within financial institutions.