A Cost-Effective Way to Achieve Transaction Monitoring Training
In order to help your teams better identify unusual customer activity so you can more effectively control and report it, ACAMS created this Transaction Monitoring training Certificate Course.
The knowledge gained from this AML training helps your teams identify situations in which money-laundering alerts should be triggered, based on what the authorities expect. Your teams will learn how to properly apply controls to monitor transaction activity for both manual and automated systems. They will also learn how to detect unusual activity and generate, analyze and understand alerts in order to determine the proper course of action like filing a suspicious activity report or a suspicious transaction report. Your teams will be empowered to assure quality and continuous improvement by continually tuning transaction monitoring alert thresholds.
Participants who successfully complete the Transaction Monitoring Certificate course receive*:
- A certificate of completion proving their commitment to protecting their institution from financial crimes by demonstrating understanding of Transaction Monitoring
- Four CAMS credit hours to keep them on track towards CAMS certification or CAMS recertification
Additionally, an introductory first year of ACAMS membership and all accompanying benefits is included with registration for ACAMS Certificates courses. Membership includes ongoing education and information resources on anti-money laundering, counter-terrorist financing, and other financial crimes.
In four weeks participants complete a mix of self-paced and live assignments:
- A 30-minute video on the essentials of Transaction Monitoring, packed with examples, red flags, what-ifs, poll questions and other activities to fully engage the learner
- Two 90-minute interactive live virtual classrooms which include case studies, Q&A sessions, polling and practice questions focusing on Transaction Monitoring
- 15-minute homework encouraging engagement with the community of their peers
- 15-minute final assessment
Transaction Monitoring Certificate Course System requirements
Transaction Monitoring is compatible with most operating systems and browsers to make it easy for everyone to participate. The course uses:
- WebEx Event Center (not compatible with tablets or smartphones)
- MP4 format video
- The ACAMS Learning Management System (LMS) (https://acams.exceedlms.com)
*To earn the certificate you must pass the assessment within the 4 weeks
|Register Now View All Dates|
|April 12, 2017||May 3, 2017|
|Live events: 12 PM ET
April 19 and April 26
|Live events: 12 PM ET
May 10 and May 17
|View All Dates|
Download the Syllabus
Please complete this form and the course syllabus will be sent to the email address provided.