ACAMS AML Foundations lays the groundwork for career success
AML Foundations is a stepping stone for entry-level employees not yet ready for CAMS, and for business line staff, who need solid AML training now so they can add more value on the job today.
The ACAMS AML Foundations e-learning course was developed for professionals new to AML compliance and those whose responsibilities require a firm understanding of what goes into detecting, preventing, and reporting money laundering and financial crimes.
With ACAMS AML Foundations, participants receive:
- 4-hour e-learning course. All materials are delivered via an online learning format, making training convenient and accessible from almost anywhere—including mobile devices. The course is divided into four one-hour parts that each can be paused and restarted as desired over a three-month period.
- PDF study guide. In addition to enabling offline pre-study and reference during the e-learning course, this PDF is a great on-the-job reference after training.
- 40-question online examination. Following completion of each part of the course, participants will be tested on their understanding of key AML/CTF principles.
- Certificate of completion. Upon successfully passing all four parts of the course, participants will receive a certificate of completion, denoting their comprehension of the essential tenets of AML.
- One-year ACAMS membership*. AML Foundations is bundled with ACAMS membership and all accompanying resources, including the monthly membership magazine ACAMS Today and acamstoday.org, free training webinars, discussion forums, the acams.org network community, and preferential rates on all upcoming events.
*If you are a current member of ACAMS you will receive special reduced pricing on your purchase of AML Foundations.
Tangible benefits for your organization from the AML Foundations program
Choosing ACAMS AML Foundations as your organization’s training solution is a smart move. Our comprehensive educational and testing tool ensures that your team will be equipped with essential knowledge in order to get started on the right foot in their careers in AML. Both the organization and the employee will benefit from the following:
- Validation of your organization’s culture of compliance. ACAMS AML Foundations demonstrates to regulators that new hires and staff new to AML possess a fundamental understanding beyond general awareness of AML standards and preps them for the next step to advance their careers and expertise.
- Clear path to advancement. ACAMS AML Foundations increases employee retention and commitment by providing support, training, and a clear path to success within your organization. AML Foundations serves as a stepping stone for advanced training, including the CAMS certification.
- Confidence through quality. ACAMS is the leader in AML education, information, and certifications, and you can feel secure that you are offering your employees the highest quality training in the beginning of their AML career.
- Support from the ACAMS Community. ACAMS membership opens you to a support network of thousands of like-minded professionals around the globe. Quarterly publications, free webinars, online discussion forums and our online network all open up to you upon entering the program and provide a true foundation for your continued career success.
ACAMS AML Foundations takes approximately four hours to complete and is comprised of four modules, including:
- Basics of AML/CTF. Covers the essentials of money laundering and terrorist financing, including definitions and attributes of key elements.
- Methods: Banks
- Methods: Non-Bank
- Terrorist Financing
- Laws and Regulations. An overview of domestic and international efforts to combat money laundering and terrorist financing.
- US Legislation
- Financial Action Task Force
- European Legislation
- United Nations, International Monetary Fund, and World Bank
- Wolfsberg Group
- Basel Committee
- Egmont Group
- Protection. Anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing programs and ways to guard your institution.
- Risk Assessment
- AML/CTF Programs
- Investigations. An introduction to the investigatory process.
- Investigation Basics
- Investigation Outcomes
- External Investigations
- International Cooperation
Minimum System Requirements:
|Minimum Device||Min Resolution||Operating system||Browser|
|iPad 4||1024 X 768||IOS 7+||Safari|
|iPhone 5c||1136 X 640||IOS 7+||Safari|
|Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8”||1280 X 800||Android 4.4+||Google Chrome|
|Samsung Galaxy 2||1280 X 800||Android 4.4+||Google Chrome|
|Laptop and Desktop||1024 X 768||Windows 7+||IE 10+, Chrome 30+, Firefox 18+|