Our Association is the Association of Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing Specialists (AMLTFS) was established in Jordan as a non-profit organization that promotes ethical and professional standards within the compliance and financial crime risk industry, encourages professional development through local and regional financial crime prevention awareness raising efforts, and facilitates the open exchange of information and opinions on regional scope related to financial and non-financial sectors to participate in overseeing the development strategy in the region.
Or mission is to promote excellent education and integrity among compliance and financial crime prevention professionals. Raising the public awareness on the global risks associated is another area of concern to the AMLTFS. The association strives to fulfill this purpose through the effective use of expertise, good stewardship of resources, and efficient use of technology. On top of all, building strong and long standing partnerships with relevant international organizations such as ACAMS.
- Ethical and professional standards within the compliance and financial crime prevention domain
- Encourage professional development through the AML Certification Program and continuous education
- Facilitate the exchange of information and opinions among people within the regional compliance community and beyond
- Work to further the public’s understanding of the AML designation and compliance and financial crime risks industry.
- Cooperate with local and regional governmental agencies to raise the public awareness and participate in such related events and help in countries evaluation reports if needed.
Our strategy is based on the following four pillars:
- Education and Career Development: Members shall be grouped depending on agreed eligibility criteria where each group will be provided with programs that suites their level of experience and learning needs. Programs will be offered through workshops, discussion sessions, and webcasts.
- Networking: We will help our members to create a web of linked relationships that keep them engaged with practitioners, academic experts, and suppliers of knowledge and information, thus when members find any difficulty they can always find resort to a reference to get advice, solution, or even assistance. This will be conducted via arranging professional events supported by partner organizations, workshops and other networking events.
- Members’ Support: shall support its members on the social, technical, and human resource levels. Technical support is represented in offering the members a knowledge space to navigate, search, and explore a wide resource of knowledge. Social support includes giving the member special privileges that are offered by several institutions and companies.
- Community Support: AMLTFS is very keen to play a key role within the professional community. Our Strategy demands addressing different social categories to be always accessible to those who need orientation and support, including students who are about to graduate, small and medium enterprises’ owners. Above all, AMLTFS is eager to make Financial Crime prevention as course to be offered in colleges and universities for related finance degrees.
Upcoming Jordan Chapter learning events will be announced soon.
Ali is a researcher in the field of Anti-Money laundering and fighting financial crimes. He holds a master’s degree in Law, specialized in Anti-Money Laundering. Procedures as well as he is a lawyer since 1998. Ali is a President of Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists in Jordan and chairman of ACAMS Jordan chapter. Besides, he is a member of Arab Union of Fighting International Crimes and Money Laundering and the International Union against Crime – Egypt, and International Affairs and Legal Advisor of the Federation of Iraqi private banks, he also an active member of Baghdad Chamber of Commerce since 1999, and Amman Chamber of Commerce since 2005. On the entrepreneurship side, Ali owns several companies as he is the founder and CEO of Iraqna Business and Training Service (I-BTS).
Joined Arab Bank plc in May 2006 as senior Compliance officer. Mr.Takrouri has more than 6 years of experience in regulatory risk management, anti-money laundering, and compliance. Over the past 8 years his roles have included serving as Compliance Officer, and General Auditor at different leading auditing firms; he spent 4 years working for a "Big Four" public accounting firm, and 6 years with Arab Bank. He holds: Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, Islamic Financial Qualification, and Master’s degree of Business Administration. He is also a founding member of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists in Jordan.
Hamzeh Majed Khair, CAMS
Hamzeh holds the professional designation of Certified Anti-Money laundry Specialist from the Association of Certified Anti-Money laundry Specialist. He graduated from University of Petra with a Bachelor degree in Business Administration.
His experience with more than 10 years cover several fields which gained him a very good knowledge in business and management fields includes AML/CFT, Sanctions, and experience in Exchange Houses Remittances in the MENA Region. Currently Hamzeh is the Head of Exchange Companies Remittances Unit at Capital Bank of Jordan as he is board and founding member (Secretary) of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists in Jordan.
Ruba Mohamed Al-Sakkal
Ruba is the manager of AML at Alrowad Exchange since 2009. Ruba worked at Arab Bank in credit department, she holds a bachelor’s degree in Banking and Finance with honors from Jerash Private University and Master degree in financing and banking sciences from Al-alBayt University with a field study entitled "Measuring Quality of Banking Services Provided by Jordanian Commercial Banks".
She is member of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists and Jordanian Certified Public Accountant and also she had a course for AML at Institute of Banking Sciences. She also is a founding member of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists in Jordan.
Baha Kamal, CPA, CAMS
Baha is the Vice Chairman and Deputy General Manager at Kamal Exchange Co LLC. He has an extensive experience in AML, money exchange and transfers business, banks’ operations and auditing. Baha worked at the Central Bank of Jordan in the Banks’ Supervision Department for a couple of years. He obtained a BS in Accounting from the University of Jordan -and Masters of Science in Professional Accountancy from Walsh College in Troy – Michigan, USA. He is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Anti Money Laundering Specialist. Baha is a founding member of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists in Jordan.
Mohammad Badi Zraiqat, CAMS
Mohammad is currently the Country Head of Financial Crime Risk at Standard Chartered Bank, Jordan. Previously he was the Senior AML Compliance Product Manager and Consultant at software vendor; where he was in charge for the compliance analysis and research studies. Mohammad has diversified his career to cover several compliance fields, he started his path as AML Analyst for Arab Bank in 2007, then he served for the local Financial Intelligence Unit (Jordan FIU) as Money Laundering Investigator where he was responsible for reviewing Suspicious Activities Reports submitted and discussing all AML/CTF cases with prosecutor general; there he attended several court sessions related to White Collar Crimes. He also contributed to his country’s AML/Compliance legislation framework. Moreover, he reviewed many financial institutions compliance programs all over the world for several industries. Mohammad has been featured in several magazines for his articles in Compliance. He is also a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist and ACAMS MENA Task Force Member. ACAMS community contributor, ACAMS Jordan Chapter inspirer, he also is a founding member of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists in Jordan.
Samah Fadhil Sukkar
Samah is the head of compliance at Alrowad Exchange and has been with the company for six years. Samah has extensive experience in understanding and dealing with international anti-money laundering laws, day-to-day trading correspondences, financial and technical negotiations, money transfers and being the coordinator and organizer between the parties of financial institutions.
In addition, she has development and innovation experience in the compliance field. She has helped put together a group of AML/CTF specialists in the financial sector in Jordan to help in the fight against money laundering and terrorist financing. Samah holds a bachelor’s degree in Engineering from the Baghdad University. Like other peers, she is a founding member of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists in Jordan.
Hasan Mohammad Ali
Mr. Hasan Mohammad Ali is Deputy Compliance Manager and MLRO at ABC Bank. Previously, he held several positions including Head of AML & CFT in the banking sector. He holds the CAMS certificate and MBA in Banking and Finance. He has more than 7 years of experience in the AML/CFT and Sanctions fields; all in the banking industry. Moreover, he managed the role of Project Manager of AML Solution at local bank and delivered several trainings on AML and CFT. He also a CAMS trainer in Jordan. He also is a founding member of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists in Jordan.